Friday, June 26, 2009

a birthday weekend

not to be outdone, eric flew up from los angeles and showed me how a good birthday weekend is truly done. he first took me to the historic ferry building



and we walked around sampling all of the delicious foods that a graduate student with no income only dreams of someday enjoying.



there, in the hustle and bustle of tourism and trade, i was introduced to my pallet's latest obsession -



persian lime flavored olive oil. i was never into the fancy breads and olive oils until now, and lately i add it to everything possible.

the fancy feasting didn't stop there. eric was so intrigued by my telling of the experience at supper club that he had to go there himself...and what better time then for my birthday! so off we went for a nice, personal dinner filled with entertainment, four courses and lots of smiling.













i had to thank him by taking him to my new favorite stomping ground at baker beach.



he hadn't been there in a very long time so i figured it was a good way to thank him for the great company and treatment for my special day.



love and loyalty... and persian lime olive oil.

No comments: