Saturday, September 20, 2008

a weak weekend

i'm reading all weekend.

it's so i can do as little work as possible when phil comes to visit on monday

my roommate is even out visitng friends in D.C., so it's literally me reading alone all weekend. atticus finch the cat seems to be warming up to me now that i'm the one feeding him.

to make things sound better, my research is coming along quite nicely. i've decided to focus on the use of terrorism in the media to shape political identity. sounds interesting, yes? well, to me it does. it just so happens that a professor in our department, joseph tuman, is a nationally known expert in political communication. he recently put out a book, COMMUNICATING TERROR. i found it, purchased it, and haven't really put it down since. here's a clip of the man:



by the way, many thanks go out to my family who is sending me recipes to improve my kitchen etiquette and posters for my jail cell of a bedroom. highly unexpected and greatly appreciated.

i'm off to make an omelet.

love and loyalty!

No comments: