Tuesday, May 5, 2009

a probe

today i had a colonoscopy. well, i don't necessarily remember it. i was heavily drugged...so i've been told.

my friend spent the night and drove me to mt. zion at quarter to 6 in the morning. twilight in san francisco really is beautiful. upon arrival, i was wired up and taken into the room with the television and long camera tubes. i could only expect that pretty soon i'd be the main attraction on the big screen. thankfully, i wasn't tuned in. i can really only remember being asked to lean on my left side.

when the nurse woke me up, i was told that "this was the last time i'm waking you up and your friend will here in a few minutes."

i got dressed, apparently found my way into my favorite breakfast joint, apparently bought my friend brunch, apparently came back by 9:30, apparently fell back asleep and apparently woke up at 3 to call my family, kristen and eric.

i woke up at seven thirty and got all the details from my call history and text messages. i have excellent grammar skills under the influence...apparently.

the best news of the day was that i no longer had to take pentasa any longer. i went from 16 pentasa pills to 8 to zero.

i am in remission!

love and loyalty