Sunday, August 24, 2008

a hangover






"we've been on the phone for seven hours!"

-phil










let me explain.

i ventured outside on saturday to visit the financial district with my old friend, lucas and my new friend, donnie. we walked around, they shopped and i drank coffee. then we headed back to donnie's apartment for some drinks and conversation. then things got a little fuzzy for me. it may have been because i was VERY drunk for the rest of the evening. i think i just got too excited to be out of my place and around a bunch of people. i think the drinking was also because i still miss everyone out east and haven't fully adjusted.

i got in at around 2:30 and didn't wake up until phil called me on skype at 2:30 in the afternoon. i could barely move. i should probably mention that saturday morning i had an intense workout session in my bedroom. i was still embarassed by my sunburn and i needed to do something productive so i worked out for a while. add the pain from a serious workout to the pain you feel from being extremely hungover and you can possibly understand how i felt.

luckily, i have phil. phil helped me recover all day by watching over me, making me eat, listening to my every word and then teaching me how to prepare spaghetti (im terrible in the kitchen)






he got a photo of me eating the spaghetti he taught me how to prepare from 3000 miles away. technology is amazing.

i made too much spaghetti and got too full. i had to lay down after that.

even though i was indoors all day with a stomach ache, a hangover and body pains, phil made it an enjoyable, lazy sunday. i've never been on the phone with anyone for 7 hours before. he's worth it.

love and loyalty

1 comment:

dear williamsburg said...

If anyone can understand a workout/ alcohol hangover it's me. However all things do pass and you're lucky to have such an amazing phil to help you through it. I'm drinking beet juice. Miss you more than I can say. Just discovered your blog and will keep reading. love love -Emily