Friday, August 15, 2008

a new chapter begins

i was an emotional wreck yesterday.  

... that's a terrible way to start a blog, but upon retrospect it will seem rather quaint that i once was a lost and emotionally fragile young man in a big, new city.  

i probably should mention that i find using capital letters rather unnecessary.  it just seems like a time-sucker.  they might come around every so often if i find that something or someone is a rather important figure in my discussions.  i think i read too much vonnegut...

anyhow, yesterday was incredibly difficult for me to hold back the tears as my advisor took me out with his parents on a mini tour of the city.  i had to separate myself from them to catch a breath or two.  it was rough hearing my mother's voice over the phone.  i broke down and i really tried to hide it but i just kept thinking about how far away i really am now.  it's hard.  moving like this.  especially when you have such a good background with family and loved ones.

i arrived at brandi's house after dinner who happens to have a spare couch in her one bedroom, on campus apartment.  i turned on my laptop and video-chatted on SKYPE (which you should all download) with phil.  of course, two hours of crying and smiling and well wishing wore me out so i had to go to sleep.

today, i am proud to say that i have not shed a tear.  believe me, i have come close... very close quite a few times, actually.  vincent took his parents, brandi and myself to the de young museum located inside golden gate park.  the museum is only three years old so it's relatively new, but there was plenty of interesting exhibits especially the CHIHULY exhibit.  he's glassblower that opened my mind to viewing it as an art.  it's pretty intense.  have a look below.

im off now to orientation.  i will of course keep you all posted on my situation and would love for you to keep in touch with me by leaving little comments at the end of each blog.  

love and loyalty




No comments: