Wednesday, August 20, 2008

a rant

on the POSITIVE side of things, it's almost unheard of to find a cheap, well kept place in hayes valley within a week of moving to san francisco.  i am very fortunate to have located such a nice place

on the NEGATIVE side, my bed collapsed and i can't get the internet to work... and now i'm sitting outside of the freshman dorm waiting for my host to let me in.  this wouldn't be an issue if my phone's battery hadn't died while talking to tech support for an hour and a half this afternoon in an attempt to get some help setting up the internet.  there are a bunch of freshman and their parents moving into the adjacent dorm rooms and making a bunch of noise inside so i'm totally looking like the homeless outcast ready to cause havoc as i sit here, hooded and desperate looking.

but again things could be worse.  i have a really nice apartment, a very interesting roommate and all sorts of friends, family and loved ones back in jersey.

i bought a very large bottle of red wine for brandi as a "thank you" for letting me stay with her this past week.  she may need it now that she has a bunch of 18 year olds running around the outside of her apartment.

i just realized that the frozen vegetarian dinner i purchased two hours ago is no longer frozen.  in fact it's quite lukewarm... i need to learn how to cook FAST

o yeah!  my mother sent me some photos from my jersey days... they were professional shots of the four of us (kelly, myself, heather and colleen)  ... we turned out to be quite an appealing bunch of young adults... in pride and love (and to end this posting on a high note), i present one of the photos for all the internet to see

someone is playing george michael in the background... things aren't all that bad anymore

love and loyalty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rant away.. your blog is very entertaining. I'm in New England now - miss the city a lot.. I wish you loads and loads of fun.. and of course great food. Cheers to San Francisco.