Saturday, August 23, 2008

a sunburn

i fixed myself some sandwiches

i've been in the center of the downtown area for a day with art, nightlife, music and socialization at my fingertips and all i've been capable of doing is getting a cherry red sunburn on my nose and making these delicious looking sandwiches.

i got the sunburn from sitting at delores park and catching some rays. i avoided the naked area. i also avoided the children's area. for the first hour or so i sat and chatted with my mother on the phone, all the while wondering when i was going to feel the sun, but it never happened. i walk around, check myself in a mirror, and realize that i'm a walking tomato.

the sunburn kind of kept me from going out and meeting people because i didn't want to make any first impressions with a big, red nose. not pretty

and don't worry to all of you that know me, that isn't roast beef, smoked turkey and honey ham... it's all flavored tofu made to look and taste like the real deal. for those of you that don't know me, i can't eat meat. it doesn't sit well in my stomach. on my way back from the park, i found this little market next to the giant safeway supermarket. this little place had fresh produce, organic breads, quick-to-make dinners and a bevy of vegetarian, meat flavored products for cheap. i was in heaven. screw that giant supermarket.

today i am going to explore the area further with some friends... that's right, i have friends. well, friend. i have one friend. so far. hopefully ill make some more today.

so hey, how about that joe biden? not bad, obama, not bad.

time for brunch.

love and loyalty

No comments: