Monday, October 6, 2008

a birthday

at one point in my life, i was a bit of a rebel. perhaps we can call those the "teenage years". to this day i couldn't tell you what i was rebelling against (authority, the establishment, curfews, etc.) but i can say that i was actively rebelling for quite a few years.

my father could probably tell you the same because he had to deal with the brunt of it. he was the authority, the establishment, giver of curfews, etc.

ive now come to learn that he is without a doubt an inspiring man and my undisputed hero. working constantly to support my 3 sisters, my mother and myself, he has somehow been able to find the time to offer words of wisdom to us in hopes that we can someday be as successful as he is today.

he's also had some of the best one-liners i've heard in my lifetime:

"if you don't keep it down im gonna hug you with a pencil"

"yeah, we got a big screen tv with sound-surround speakers"

"playstation, 9-tendo, etc."

we all have our moments, but it's the moments of support and encouragement that i can always count on.





to my father, with love and loyalty, a very happy birthday

No comments: