Saturday, October 18, 2008

a race

ive had a lot of work lately, so my nose has been in the books. however, during those moments when i had some time off, i've been gallivanting around town with new friends and fellow students. after thursday's class ended a little early, we all decided to make a pilgrimage to a bar in sunset... and let me just say, all business in the classroom, not so much in the bar... i have grown to appreciate my classmates a whole lot more. nothing brings a bunch of strangers together like james brown.

ooo but before we all met at the bar, melissa the bed giver took me to my first in n' out burger experience. super cheap grilled cheese sandwich but super tasty. it was delicious. so much so that i kept the wrapper.



yes, im strange. deal with it and move on.

saturday in delores park was a little different. redbull sponsored a boxcar derby tournament. i got to check out the cars as they made their way to the top of the hill. all of a sudden, as team squid made their way up, i realize that my friend stephanie was part of the pit crew.






there she is in the wetsuit! awesome!









then i made my way down to see their home stretches... unfortunately (depends how you look at it) some of the cars didn't make it to the end.






to be honest, i didn't make it either. i took another humira shot so i'm all tired and worn out. im going to take a nap and then go for a run to wake myself up for whatever happens tonite. ill be sure to keep you posted.

love and loyalty

No comments: